    SubjectRe: Blind-access patch for Linux 1.3.x
    I'm the most uncomfortable with the changes to the bootsector.  We only
    have so many configuration bytes available, and using a full byte for
    the blind option seems to not be the best use of that resource.

    Question: is it really critical that all of the hardware probe messages
    always be accessible via the blind-mode console? How about this as a

    All kernels will have support for turning on/off "blind mode" via the
    escape sequences. Init will recognize the kernel command line argument
    "blind=1", and if it sees it, it will send the escape sequence to all of
    the console. A blind person who wishes to see the boot messages gets
    Linux running using the above procedure, and then recompiles a kernel
    whose default mode is "blind mode on". That will allow the blind person
    to see the hardware probing boot messages.

    That simplifies the changes to the kernel, and hopefully it meets your
    requirements. What do you think?

    - Ted

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.018 / U:11.404 seconds]