SubjectRe: Linux-1.3.71..
On Tue, 5 Mar 1996, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Hi, I'd ask everybody who have seen strange things with virtual consoles to try
> out 1.3.71 - I found a potential reason for the "bleeding" behaviour (where
> text from one console bleeds to another when you do a VC switch), and hopefully
> fixed that in the latest kernel.

My VC's don't bleed, but I had to go back down a kernel release because in
.71 I would get all sorts of zombie processes, and the system load would
climb up to 25... it could be related to the fact that I had the kernel
compiled as SMP and only had 1 processor installed at the time, I think it
was running ok when I had a second processor in there. In any case there
were lots of sendmail and ps zombies building up as they were executed. I
usually run without SMP on my system.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.077 / U:1.312 seconds]