SubjectRe: Dual Monitor

On Sat, 30 Mar 1996, Derrik Pates wrote:

> Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 09:16:04 -0700 (MST)
> From: Derrik Pates <dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu>
> To: Antoine Reid <fluke@mlink.net>
> Cc: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
> Subject: Re: Dual Monitor
>
> If you have a PCI-based system, 2 (S)VGA cards is not a problem. Will
> someone be doing multihead support for XFree86 though? This is what I'd
> really like to see, as XInside writes one for their AcceleratedX for
> Linux, but I don't want to spend $100 for an X server and then another
> $200 for the multihead extension.
>
> Derrik Pates
> dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu

Yes, I do have a PCI system, using a Diamond card .. Xaccel demo works fine
here, doing (of course) a better job than XF86 ... but I think first we
should have a working dualmon for text VTs ... the only prob, is that one
can define a text mode different than 80x25 for the svga but the mda will
not support it ... and I don't want to try changing rows/columns back and
forth (dynamically) when popping that tty on the mda card ... would prog
adapt themselves ?? it _could_ do some mess .... and of course we would
have to have some files defining which ttys CANNOT be used on the mda
card ... (X for example ...) or it would do real weird things ....

Do you have some/any programmings experience? I have been coding in C/asm
in mess-dos for quite a time and would be interrested in doing such
development for this ... I'm especially used to text/graphics/modeX modes
... but I'll have to dig the sources for the old dualmon (sunsite?) nad
look how it is done right now in the current kernel...

hmm hope to have news..

thanx for reading
Antoine

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.903 / U:0.288 seconds]