    SubjectRe: apm_bios.c (display standby/resume)
    > Tracking down the problems with apm_bois.c, it seems that for some,
    > yet unknown, reason the amp_bois support in Linux can't put my
    > display (ATI GUP with DPMS + VESA/NUTEC monitor) into standby/suspend
    > mode. I would not only expect the hardware to be able to, but also
    > OS/2 Warp can do it (somwhow).

    If your monitor is VESA-compliant, you shouldn't need the APM stuff at all:
    take a look in drivers/char/vesa_blank.c instead. That's much better than using
    the very broken APM BIOS callback stuff.

    (I'd be happy to be able to remove the stupid APM BIOS stuff, but there is no
    hardware standard for these things, so we cannot do it by hand)

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:4.702 / U:0.276 seconds]