    SubjectRe: Zmailer and Majordomo troubles

    > Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 16:02:43 +0100
    > From: Alain KNAFF <knaff@choiseul.inrialpes.fr>
    >
    > =A0I wonder why all my mail from the linux mailing list goes
    > through erm1.u-strasbg.fr ? If mailers which don't announce
    > themselves as 8BITMIME are frowned upon, and "punished" with QP,
    > why are they used as exploders then?
    >
    >I needed exploders, and I needed them badly. So any piece of crap
    >machine that was willing to push mail for me I accepted, no questions
    >asked. It was important to get vger running smoothly asap.
    >"convenience" items like 8bitmime etc. was secondary for the decision
    >making.

     If this convenience is secondary, why then does vger's zmailer try to
    "punish" erm1 for the lack of 8bitmime? Take your pick: either
    consider strict mime compliance as a must, and then don't use those
    "crap machines" as exploders, or else consider strict mime compliance
    as optional, and then don't mangle 8 bit messages. Just don't have it
    both ways :)

    Thanks in advance,

    Alain

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.018 / U:1.856 seconds]