    SubjectPorting Linux to a new architecture
    Our research group is currently considering porting the Linux kernel
    to a new architecture, and we're about to document the architecture-
    specific interfaces an architecture support is supposed to implement.

    - I suppose developers who have ported the Linux kernel to other
    architectures before have been going through this stage, too. Is
    there any help on this subject available, e.g. docs, or (easily-
    understandable) source code that can serve as a model for porting?

    (I already know about the kernel hacker's guide and where to find
    ports to other architectures.)

    - Is there any good reason not to start with linux-1.2.13?

    - Any helpful hints or tricks?

    Any help appreciated!

    Thanks in advance,

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.018 / U:4.592 seconds]