SubjectRe: 1.3.76 compiling woes
On Tue, 19 Mar 1996, Andy Dustman wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Mar 1996, Mark Hahn wrote:
>
> > > ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 00000fe0
> >
> > the linker's looking for aout symbols, and fining elf ones
> > (the latter lacks the leading underscore.)
> >
> > could you have missed the compile-as-elf-if-my-compiler-is-elf
> > config option? I know nothing about how xconfig does this.
>
> That probably is the problem. During my run-in with xconfig, the .config

That did fix my compile problems, but now I have a problem with sound as
a module. If I try to manually load the module with modprobe, I get this:

neptune:/home/andy# /sbin/insmod sound
Could not read header of ./sound
neptune:/home/andy# /sbin/modprobe sound
DMAbuf_inputintr: wrong version or undefined
unload_mpu401: wrong version or undefined
conf_printf: wrong version or undefined
DMAbuf_outputintr: wrong version or undefined
conf_printf2: wrong version or undefined
DMAbuf_start_dma: wrong version or undefined
linux-1.3.76
neptune:/home/andy#

I compiled this module right after building my kernel... I have
modules-1.3.69e (didn't work with c, either). For a copy of my kernel
configuration, send me mail with the subject "send file config".

Andy Dustman / Computational Center for Molecular Structure and Design / UGA
===== For PGP public key: finger andy@neptune.chem.uga.edu | pgp -fka =====
Sure, the Telecomm Act will create jobs: 100,000 new thought-cops on the net
http://charon.chem.uga.edu/~andy mailto:andy@neptune.chem.uga.edu <}+++<

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.051 / U:0.504 seconds]