    SubjectRe: 1.3.76 and VT switching
    On 19 Mar 96 at 16:12, Thomas König wrote:

    > I just had a rather strange experience with 1.3.76. I had just
    > connected to a few thousand hosts (using ssh-keyscan) and was
    > recompiling the kernel, when I wanted to switch virtual terminals.
    > The system didn't react to this for a few seconds at a time. I could
    > scroll back in the VT with immediate effect, and pressing Enter also
    > worked.
    > After a few seconds, the switches were indeed done; apparently,
    > no keystrokes were lost, the system just waited for a few seconds
    > before doing anything.
    > At the time, nothing was in swap; due to the kernel compilation, there
    > was a rather high disk activity, though.

    I noticed that around '71 disk buffers (or call it cached data) go a
    bit too low sometimes. Then response time can be bad. Maybe there are
    some tuning measures?

    BTW. Wondering about the rising temeratures in spring, I wonder if a
    code freeze is still possible. Maybe we should try it one more before
    it gets really hot ;-)

    > --
    > Thomas Koenig,, ig25@dkauni2.bitnet.
    > The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double
    > logarithmic diagram.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.020 / U:5.200 seconds]