SubjectRe: kernel dev methodology
At 03:46 AM 3/20/96 -0700, you wrote:

>If the main goal that you are proposing is to continue updating
>the current stable release (in the current case 1.2.x) with new
>driver versions, small bug fixes and small upgrades/enhancements
>(such as ELF kernel compilation) during the development phase,
>I agree wholeheartedly.

Thats exactly what I am talking about. Along with centralized defect
tracking for both the released code base and development code base. Maybe
even develop all new fetures from the same code base so that we can release
one feature thats stable even if other concurrent development efforts are
lagging or buggy.

As I mentioned Atria ClearCase is an excellent tool to support this kind of
effort where the developers are geographically dispersed. Unfortunately it
is very costly.
/ Robert W. Boyer /
/ rboyer@interramp.com /
/ /

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.022 / U:0.580 seconds]