SubjectRe: nfsroot anyone?
Date
Hello,

You (David S. Miller) wrote:
> But you could put the functionality in a second stage boot loader (such
> as SILO).
>
> I didn't think of this. This would definatly work. However there is
> a small snag that now all bootloaders have this big shared set of
> code, agreed it could be made into a nice generic library, but so it
> would be so much easier to maintain and look after if it sits in the
> kernel tree.

That's a good point. Maybe we should just make the BOOTP (and RARP) code
optional, and let the user decide at kernel configuration time what should
actually be included.

gero.

--
Fanaticism consists of redoubling your efforts when you have forgotten your
aim. - Santayana

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.060 / U:0.412 seconds]