SubjectRe: Zip Disks.
Date
> Has anyone heard of getting a zip drive working under Linux?  I'm mostly
> interseted in the parallel version, but I also welcome info about the
> SCSI version.

I have the SCSI version, since I also use it on a (gasp) Macintosh and a
company-furnished AIX workstation. It holds up just fine under Linux --
better than AIX, in some respects. I use them for backups, mostly, and
until I dropped a 2 gigabyte hard drive under the hood, I'd used Zip disks
to hold non-essential work, documents, etc. I've never had a problem --
never lost a disk, never had the Zip drive lock the machine up, or
anything like that. It was a substantial improvement over the Syquest
drive which it replaced.

Christopher A. Smith
Arlington VA * casmith@clark.net

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.209 / U:0.364 seconds]