SubjectRe: nfsroot anyone?
   From: Martin Mares <mj@k332.feld.cvut.cz>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 15:16:15 +0100 (MET)

> Right and wrong: If you want to reconfigure a running machine now you
> have to login to the machine, maybe bring it down and reconfigure.
> With perfect DHCP you could just change the address in your DHCP
> servers and in your BIND, and then wait for a while.

I haven't ever said it's useful only for dialup connections -- an another
example is a company network with hundreds of DOS/Windoze PC's each of them
ocassionally using IP.

Another really good use for DHCP is to support laptop computers which
connect to different parts of the company's network, depending on which
conference room they happen to be in.

This is the major reason why I'd really like to see DHCP support.

- Ted

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.459 / U:0.052 seconds]