    SubjectRe: SCSI Kernel Problem - BAD
    Date
    > problem is more severe when the I/O rate is high.  not the amount of data
    > as much as the number of I/O operations per second. In a PC, these are
    > typically directly related to interrupts. I also noticed that a busy NFS
    > connection will aggravate it even more. and I just saw that when NFS was
    > busy on these partitions, I was loosing interrupts on the wd.c driver.

    Heavy NFS load significantly increases the probability of GFP_ATOMIC or
    GFP_DMA memory allocations failing. There are also other things that will
    start to happen at this load (clustering attempts fail, the request queue is
    full, buffer cache grow/shrink). Is it worth trying these one at a time -
    eg a 4 item request queue and seeing if you can break it.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.018 / U:1.284 seconds]