    SubjectRe: SCSI fixups in 2.0.2[67]

    On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Dan Merillat wrote:

    <Message trimmed to save bandwidth>

    > Replys relating to linux internals only please... I have allready gotten the
    > disk back online and it won't do this again, but this is a condition that
    > we should be able to recover from (Temporary media unavailibility...)

    I tried the same thing with an IDE drive in a laptop. It's
    removable and hot pluggable. I did this whith linux 2.0.13
    or thereabouts. The disk had my root filesystem and swap
    space on it. I pulled out the disk, got a lot of errors as
    soon as I started doing disk related things. I pushed the
    disk back in and everything quickly returned to normal.
    Unfortunately the laptop has now moved on to another
    person and I cannot repeat the test, but I would guess
    your problem is more driver than VFS related.

    Hugo Van den Berg - hbe@cypres.nl
    Phone - +31 (0)30 - 60 25 400
    Fax - +31 (0)30 - 60 50 799

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.018 / U:90.812 seconds]