SubjectRe: Linux and Dialogic

Alan Cox writes:

> > people (the low level developers who supplied our systems) who were
> > interested in writing drivers for Linux. Their main problem was that
> > Dialogic wouldn't disclose the specs for the cards. So you would
> > have to do some reverse engineering. You have to find out how to
> > upload the firmware to the cards, and how to interact with it.
>
> Ive also pursued this a long time ago (about 2 years). The impression I got was
>
> a) They won't provide info
> b) They weren't interested
> c) If I did even consider reverse engineering it their lawyer
> would be round on the dot

That's two years ago. They may have changed their mind (hopefully).
Even Matrox has given out documentation of their Millenium - ok they've
got another flagship, but... Anybody who is keen in looking at this
board or needs a drive should probably try it again, I would say...

Joey

--
/ Martin Schulze * joey@infodrom.north.de * 26129 Oldenburg /
/ If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country /

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.038 / U:0.120 seconds]