SubjectRe: Quick fix for genksyms
Date
> Here's a quickie patch to get genksyms working with the 2.1.18 patches.
> I just hacked it together so I could continue working with the
> current kernel until Richard Henderson comes up with the real thing:-)

That patch will get genksyms to compile, but it still won't work.

Genksyms finds and examines the text of the symbol tables, which
changed from

struct symbol_table foo[] = {
#include <linux/symtab_begin.h>
X(a),
X(b),
X(c)
#include <linux/symtab_end.h>
};

EXPORT_SYMBOL(a);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(b);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(c);

At minimum some modification to the parser is required.

Hopefully I'll get this bit finished tomorrow. The current genksyms
doesn't properly handle global pointers to functions, of which there
are now more and more in the 2.1 tree. There are also some big
simplifications that can be done to MODVERSION mechanics in general
that I wish to incorporate.

And of course the new genksyms should also produce identical results
from identical input when invoked from the 2.0.x source trees, which
throws a twist or two in the works. ;-)

r~

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.049 / U:0.120 seconds]