Subjectrecover deleted files?

Does anyone know how I would go about recovering some deleted files??
Everything I have been told seems to indicate that it _should_ be
possible (with lots of work) but nothing says how exactly to go about
doing this. I have left the partition mounted read only since soon after
having screwed up. (a MB or two did get copied to the partition before I
realized what had happened). Partial recovery is much better then
nothing at all.

I do realize that if this is possible that it isnt going to be easy but I
really need those files.

Any and or all suggestions/comments would be appreciated.
Please send the replies directly to me as I am not on this mailing list.

-Travis Woodbury <>