    SubjectRe: PNP patch into kernel when?

    > > What exactly is the benefit of renaming request_region() and so on? [...]
    > couldnt this be renamed in one go, with a script? [if it's only a rename
    > that happens there].
    > If the new name saves 1 second of thinking time per new Linux hacker, then
    > it is worth it. Just extrapolate to 1 million years or so. (the day when
    > Linux will become the universe itself :)

    Take a look at my previous message...I think you'll find the changes

    In response the the script idea, why not just rename every kernel symbol
    to something numeric, and change them all with a script? :*) I'm joking!
    I think it makes sense to change something in order to add more features,
    or to make the kernel code simpler to use, understand, and modify.

    I expect the changes I propose the the PnP patch to will be
    inconsequential to programmers in short order. Heck, they might
    even grow to prefer them :-)

    Andrew E. Mileski
    Linux Plug-and-Play Kernel Project
    XFree86 Matrox Team

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.020 / U:2.088 seconds]