SubjectRe: linux-kernel-digest V1 #672

This question is basic but it is kernel-related. I am trying to upgrade
from 1.2.13 to 2.0.27 and everything works well except the kernel
generated is not compressed. It is over 1 M and lilo says this is too
big. I am using make dep ; make clean ; make zImage as in the README.
The only thing that I can think of that might be getting me is the fact
that I am not compiling in the standard directory since I'm not ready to
replace everything yet. The compilation mechanism seems well aware of
this fact, however, and it seems unlikely it would get confused on the
last stage. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks to the
person/people who wrote menuconfig, it helps lots.

I like six eggs when starting on a journey. Fried - not poached. And
mind you don't break 'em. I won't eat a broken egg.
-- Thorin Oakenshield

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.109 / U:0.072 seconds]