SubjectRe: Oracle on Linux: Can I compile and link COFF objects?

First a couple of good answers....

On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, William Burrow wrote:

> I think there might be a DOS a.out to COFF utility packed with DJGPP
> (the DOS version of gcc). If there is source, you can compile it for
> Linux. Use a.out as your format for compiling the .c files then convert
> them with the a.out to COFF utility and finally link with the SCO
> linker.

Thanks to everybody who answered my question.

Now I see the only solution is to produce a.out format instead of ELF.
I have a couple of problems:

1. Will SCO idld link a.out with COFF?
If not, someone suggested me (thanxs William) to convert a.out to COFF
with some DJGPP DOS utilities. But 1st I have to compile a.out :(

2. Do I need to install another version of GCC with special build
parametres to make o.out files?
Tony suggested to use CFLAGS=$CFLAGS -bi486-linuxaout, but I still get
ELF objects.

Any hints to get those a.out files? Do I install a new GCC? Is there an
easiest way?

Thanks
Pau Aliagas
Ready Soft System Manager

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.024 / U:0.372 seconds]