SubjectRe: aplying patches

done. it also fingered @linux.cs.helsinki.fi to look up the latest release.

> * Know the correct flags for applying the patches.
> * It checks for reject files, to let you know if the patch failed
> * It cleans up the original files after patching.

done, done, done. It also applied reverse patches to downgrade a kernel, and
handled full zipped source trees. It called menuconfig, make and lilo.

> * Makes coffee for you to drink while the new kernel is building.

nope. But I did all of the above in perl, with a nice dialog interface, before
Linus started with naming the kernel "pre-2.0" or "this-is-2.0-but-not-quite",
and I asked to myself "why can't people simply pipe zcat with patch?"

All The Best,
Marco

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.078 / U:0.056 seconds]