SubjectRe: init und Linux 1.3.69

mstone@cs.loyola.edu said:
> mstone
>
> At 09:28 AM 3/5/96 +0100, you wrote:
> >On Mon, 4 Mar 1996, lilo wrote:
> >
> >> I've been using Ctrl-Alt-Del to reboot my Linux system, with relatively few
> >> problems, since about 0.95pl15j (assuming I even remember that sequence of
> >> kernel release numbers correctly, it's been a while :). I'm presently
> >> running RedHat 2.1. :)
> >
> >With the latest kernel? And while not logged in?
> >
> >The problem is that it works fine, while logged in as root or some other
> >user, but *not* when only the getty prompt is displayed. With 1.3.64
> >everything was OK.
> >
> >Martin
>
> I've noticed this too. Sometimes I'll forget that I need to be logged in to
> use ctrl-alt-del, and I do it from a login prompt. Oops--the whole system
> locks. Luckily, the reset switch is unaffected, and the filesystem check
> works well the next time I start up. ;^)
>
> Mike

This may or not be related. The other night after quitting fvwm (I run xdm)
I found I had forgotten something and pressed Ctl-Alt-F1 to get to a VC.
I was completely locked up. One other thing, xscreensaver was running.

Bob

| Bob Taylor Email: brtaylor@qtpi.lakewood.ca.us |
| A witty statement goes here! (when I get to it!) |

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.043 / U:0.608 seconds]