Subject2.0.13: popen bug?
Date

Hi,

I'm running kernel 2.0.13 because it is a stable SMP version for the dual
PPro I'm using. I hope to use it to do Radiance renderings. Problem
is...

The Radiance author thinks that popen is failing to do whatever it is
supposed to do. When popen is called directly by an interactive shell,
the scene compiles fine. When popen is called from within a fork'd
shell, it fails. It always fails at the same place, on both my dual
PPro and a 1-processor Pentium, both running 2.0.13. There is a core
dump which I have no patience and insufficient knowledge to deal with.

Greg Ward just says, "Popen is broken." He is unwilling to take it any
further. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem while
maintaining
a stable SMP system?

Please reply via e-mail as I don't make it here often--lucky for you!

Keep up the good work.

-Chas Ehrlich chas@innernet.com or chas@hobbes.lbl.gov

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:1.242 / U:0.880 seconds]