    SubjectRe: Bugs and wishes in memory management area
    Date

    > > At work, we use Linux/X/GNU as development system (about 15 linux
    > > stations). 2 megs is probably just enough to load the kernel and
    > > kernel is not pageable.
    >
    > If the machine has enough memory, the kernel should be loaded at
    > the 16 MB mark.

    Thats something that was kicked around ages ago. However it fundamentally
    changes an assumption used by a lot of drivers that their static structures
    are in DMA space.

    > If not, the memory can be moved as the application locks it.
    > Whenever mlock is called, the memory gets moved above the 16 MB
    > mark before it is actually locked.

    What if I want to mlock() for ISA DMA

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:5.255 / U:0.016 seconds]