SubjectRe: 2.0.0/2.0.25 oopses with buslogic 956C and two 4G seagates ...
Date

"A month of sundays ago Leonard N. Zubkoff wrote:"
> The BusLogic driver will definitely compile with CONFIG_PCI set to NO. Until
> now, I've never provided a mechanism to disable the PCI probing via command
> line arguments. I've always just told people to not define CONFIG_PCI, since
> if the PCI BIOS is broken, it doesn't affect just the BusLogic board. I'll
> think about whether such an option would be worthwhile.

I think it is needed for diagnostic purposes.

Also, right now, I need to figure out how to make a custom slackware
bootdisk with the decompressing ramdisk trick in it. I could get away
without figuring out how if I could use a buslogic=pci:no line to the
one you supplied. So I would have really liked that option!

(if anyone already knows how to make a S/w bootdisk with a
decompressing ramdisk, please let me know :-).

> You can turn it off with "BusLogic=TQ:Disable" on the command line. Chances

Is it "BusLogic" or "buslogic"? DOes it matter? Anyway, I'll be trying both.

> control how aggressive the tagged queuing is by booting with "BusLogic=0,N"
> where N is the number of simultaneous commands to allow. I'd try 15 or 7, but
> only if you have trouble with the default (28).
>
> Leonard

Thanks again!

Peter T. Breuer
|Departamento de Ingenieria de Sistemas Telematicos, Universidad Politecnica
|de Madrid, Escuela Tecnica Superior de Ingenieros de Telecomunicacion,
|Ciudad Universitaria, E--28040 Madrid, SPAIN.
|Tel. Office : +34 (1)336 6831
| Fax : +34 (1)543 2077 or 336 7333
|Internet : <ptb@eng.cam.ac.uk, ptb@comlab.ox.ac.uk, ptb@dit.upm.es>

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.149 / U:0.348 seconds]