SubjectRe: News gateway problem

Richard Gooch wrote:
> Albert Cahalan writes:
> > For mail-to-news, I ask that the From:, Reply-To:, and other
> > headers with an email address be changed to have randomly
> > generated addresses such as 1f98a759@f37a.3dcd.com.

This will make it impossible for anyone reading the newsgroup to make
personal replies, unless they can deduce someone's address from a
signature or some other reference. Moreover, the vger lists (linux-kernel
anyway) are archived, so they're available that way without subscribing.

> over a month). Friends, if you can spare a minute, please send a
> "please don't spam" message together with a uuencoded copy of
> /usr/bin/emacs to the follow addresses:
>
> ab.general@atlas.uniserve.com
> ktechsys@interport.net
> decicco@ix.netcom.com

I sent a polite message to postmaster@atlas.uniserve.com, including the
spam with all headers, which is often effective, but they're refusing
connections.
___
Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.org>

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:1.050 / U:0.112 seconds]