SubjectRe: Any work on drivers for TV tuner cards?

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Alan Cox wrote:

> > > Is anyone working on drivers for any sort of TV tuner card?
> > > Someone I know may get some docs on some of them and may be able to work
> > > on writing Linux drivers, and he doesn't want to duplicate work.
> >
> > I second this question. Most specifically a viewing or maybe even a
> > frame-grab driver for the Hauppauge WinCast Pro/TV. I believe the hardware
> > control docs for this are available from the manufacturer.
>
> I did pursue this a bit at one point but I didnt have the time to keep
> wading through and prodding them about it. If someone can find out
> how to get the docs and get them then I'll probably join in fiddling
> with such things

Well, if somebody has the specs for the Diamond Stealth-TV Tuner (or knows
what strings to pull in ordet to get it), I'll give it a shot at writing a
low-level driver for this specific tuner and a high-lever interface
generic enough to accomodate other tuners.. It should be pretty
straight-forward to write the driver (for any tuner), once the specs are
available; as for the other part, a TV-in-an-X-window which can take
drivers as modules sounds appealing :)

Ionut

--
Ionut Badulescu - Columbia College '98 E-mail:ib42@columbia.edu
Phone: (212)853-7875 Snail mail: 4A4 Wallach Hall

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.048 / U:2.600 seconds]