    SubjectRe: M68K Linux Ports

    Gary> I was wondering what the status of the M68K port of linux is. I
    Gary> know that someone at some time was porting to the amiga or atari
    Gary> since there is files in the kernel distribution for these but
    Gary> has there been successes here like there has been for the PC?

    The m68k port is still going strong - actually it has been so for
    years. We have a very stable kernel and I'm currently working with
    Linus on getting our patches integrated into the native kernel.

    Gary> My interest is to see if linux can be ported to a M68K
    Gary> architecture - specifically the Motorola MVME177 (or MVME176)
    Gary> VME-based single board computer.

    Richard Hirst has ported Linux/m68k to the MVME 162, 166 and 167 (a
    port to the 142 is in the works), see
    for details. I dont know anything about the MVME176/177 boards but I
    think it should be rather easy to support these new boards based on
    Richard's existing work.

    You can also subscribe to the Linux/m68k mailinglist by mailing with the line "subscribe linux-m68k" and post

    Besides, work is in progress for the Sun3, Apollo Domain and Apple
    Macintosh. For general Linux/m68k info check out,

    Regards, Jes

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.027 / U:0.068 seconds]