SubjectRe: EDO RAM

Derrik Pates wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Nov 1996, Nicholas J. Leon wrote:
>

> > Is there something different about how the kernel deals with EDO ram?
> > I can't honestly think of a thing, *BUT*, I just recently bought
> > myself an ASUS P55T2P4 w/60ns EDO and it won't boot. It hangs at INIT
> > with a BUNCH of "can't resolve symbol xxxyyyzzz".
> [snip snip]
> > Does anyone know of anything else I can try before sending the memory
> > back?
> Check your motherboard manual. I believe that some boards (not my Intel
> Zappa, though) may need DIP switches/jumpers changed to properly use EDO
Not the ASUS T2P4 either. Do other operating systems work at all? Does
the bootup screen think the SIMMS are EDO? As I recall, the T2P4 bios
autodetects EDO, so it can't be that the RAM is feeding data too fast...

Keith

--
The priests and the friars/Behold me in dread
Because I still love you,/My love, and you're dead.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.101 / U:0.844 seconds]