SubjectRe: (Official) High-Sierra documentation?

Followup to: <199611121023.KAA05883@isengard.merrill>
By author: ". Tethys " SYSTEM ADMIN " X" <>
In newsgroup:
> >Does anybody know where I can find the (maybe official) documentation
> >of the High-Sierra filesystem for cdroms? It's NOT ISO9660.
> Are you sure about this? My understanding was that the High Sierra
> filesystem was the standard filesystem for CD-ROMS when they first
> came out. ISO then adopted it as their standard since it was the
> most widespread FS in use on CD-ROMS. In its formats section, the
> CD-R FAQ ( says:
> ISO 9660
> file layout standard (formerly called High Sierra)

My understanding is there is a minor difference in the layout of the
superblock; if you look in the Linux kernel I think it has a HS and an
ISO 9660 superblock.

Not speaking for Transmeta in any way, shape or form.