    SubjectRe: (Official) High-Sierra documentation?
    Date

    Followup to: <199611121023.KAA05883@isengard.merrill>
    By author: ". Tethys " SYSTEM ADMIN " X" <tethys@lonnds.ml.com>
    In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

    > >Does anybody know where I can find the (maybe official) documentation
    > >of the High-Sierra filesystem for cdroms? It's NOT ISO9660.
    >
    > Are you sure about this? My understanding was that the High Sierra
    > filesystem was the standard filesystem for CD-ROMS when they first
    > came out. ISO then adopted it as their standard since it was the
    > most widespread FS in use on CD-ROMS. In its formats section, the
    > CD-R FAQ (http://www.cd-info.com/CDIC/Technology/CD-R/FAQ.html) says:
    >
    > ISO 9660
    > file layout standard (formerly called High Sierra)

    My understanding is there is a minor difference in the layout of the
    superblock; if you look in the Linux kernel I think it has a HS and an
    ISO 9660 superblock.

    -hpa
    --
    Not speaking for Transmeta in any way, shape or form.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.022 / U:94.492 seconds]