SubjectHow to change a kernel panic to reboot
Date
Hi,

I'm having a problem with a 1.2.13 system in a place that I can't
get to, and the people there aren't too bright (Not to mention there is no
monitor or keyboard on it!).

Recently the system appears to kernel panic and lock up. I'm
not sure why, but its probably a disk problem. Anyway, the system ends
up hung and someone needs to identify it and reboot. (Strange occurance
last night..... Locked at 11:30 and then came back by itself at 2:30 with
alot of tcp bogon errors). Is there a patch I can make to the kernel so
that instead of a panic it will go a complete reboot?

I'm rebuilidng the machine on new hardware and 2.0.22 so the fix
doesn't need to be pretty. I'm no kernel hacker though.

Thanks, Tuc
--
"Over the UUCP link, out the ethernet, through the media converter, down
the fiber, off a router, down the 56K, past my ISP...nothing but Net" -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.055 / U:0.780 seconds]