SubjectRe: hd trouble question
On Sat, 9 Nov 1996, Lawrence Chim wrote:

> Egor Egorov wrote:
> >
> > Hi. I have one trouble, and the following configuration:
> >
> > ide first channel: old 40mb ide maxtor drive, master.
> > ide second chanel: wd caviar 2700 (730mb), and atapi cdrom.
> >
> > Linux is running on wd, but old maxtor drive is swap partition. I did such
> > configuration because I wanted swap to be on other channel, and this old
> > drive is not capable to run on second channel (or capable ? If so, how do I
> > ?). My previous configuration was, when both hd was on first channel, and
(clip)
> > hda: status error: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
> > hda: drive not ready for command
(clip)

> May be you don't believe it. I got the same problem with my maxtor
> 500MB this
> Thursday. I couldn't make the drive work (because I have 400MB data on
> the drive
> and no backup for it). Eventually, I put my drive into my fringe for 2
> hours and
> connect it to my computer, and now, I can read the data and I
> immediately back it
> up.
(clip)

> lawrence,

Well mine hasn't gove that far yet, but it is spouting those
error messages for a while now, and it is also a 500 mb Maxtor.

--kmb203@psu.edu---------------Debian/GNU--1.1---Linux--2.1.3---
Develop free apps? http://www.jagunet.com/~braddock/fslu/org
Different all twisty a of in maze are you, passages little.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.043 / U:0.516 seconds]