Subject: Linux box finds it hard to
Author: "Peter Eyes Eiserloh" <peter_eyes_eiserloh@wssagw.chinalake.navy.mil>
at Internet
Date: 30/10/96 16:41

Peter Hunter said:
>My users complain that telneting in first thing in the morning takes a very
>long time (order of minutes). This morning, I actually saw it for myself.

Does your BOIS do power management, such as spinning down your disks
after a certain period of inactivity? If so part of the pause is when the
disks are spinning up to access your filesystem. But, this should only take
about 15 seconds or so.

Peter P. Eiserloh

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.034 / U:0.044 seconds]