SubjectRe: Pentium reset and smoking motherboards

> From: alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox)
>
> > I wonder if this could _possibly_ be some *really* bizarre conflict
> > between Linux's reboot routine and this motherboard that causes it to
> > die. I realize that hardware should never, except in some bizarre and rare
> > circumstances, ever hurt hardware.
>
> Linux isnt capable of breaking your board. Since what Linux does some
> other things like 32bit games use to reboot I'd change motherboard vendor

Might it be messing up the BIOS EPROM such that the motherboard can't boot?

Daniel
--
Daniel S. Barclay Compass Design Automation, Inc.
daniel@compass-da.com Suite 100, 5457 Twin Knolls Rd. Columbia, MD 21045 USA

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.038 / U:0.040 seconds]