SubjectIP_TRANSPARENT_PROXY
Date
I've been meaning to ask this for a while.  When one uses ipfw(4) to
forward ip traffic to a local socket using transparent proxying, this
poses an interesting problem for the server tending that socket. How
does one determine the original address to which that traffic was sent?

In other words, I am a proxy. I do a recv() on a datagram socket, which
I know has data redirected into it. I know who sent that data; recv
tells me. How do I know to whom that data was addressed? I can't seem
to find a suitable call to yield this information...

A beer to the first person with an answer (who can track me down in
Atlanta, or at USELINUX. 8^)

__
Todd Graham Lewis Linux! Core Engineering
Mindspring Enterprises tlewis@mindspring.com (800) 719 4664, x2804

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.908 / U:0.044 seconds]