SubjectRe: Please create the email alias -> /dev/null
On Wed, Apr 17, 2024 at 10:16:26AM +0200, Greg KH wrote:
> > at the scripts used by stable developers - and maybe at the ML server - to
> > catch different variations won't hurt, as it sounds likely that people will
> > end messing up with a big name like "do-not-apply-to-stable", typing
> > instead things like:
> >
> > do_not_apply_to_stable
> > dont-apply-to-stable
> >
> > and other variants.
>
> I want this very explicit that someone does not want this applied, and
> that it has a reason to do so. And if getting the email right to do so
> is the issue with that, that's fine. This is a very rare case that
> almost no one should normally hit.

For using a comparable approach in haproxy on a daily basis, I do see
the value in this. We just mark a lot of fixes "no backport needed" or
"no backport needed unless blablabla" for everything that is only
relevant to the dev tree, and that's a huge time saver for those working
on the backports later.

Maybe "not-for-stable" would be both shorter and easier to remember BTW ?

Regards,
Willy

  Last update: 2024-04-17 10:49    [W:0.086 / U:0.660 seconds]