    SubjectRe: Regression causes a hang on boot with a Comtrol PCI card
    On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 10:00 AM Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu> wrote:
    > Whatever the source of the problem, I don't think you're going to find
    > it by looking at the USB code. Perhaps the early initialization of the
    > functions that _are_ present on the Comtrol card somehow messes up
    > other parts of the system.

    Thanks for all you help Alan,

    I think at this point my Linux kernel debugging knowledge has run
    aground. I would
    love to crack this nut, but I doubt that will be possible with my
    current knowledge base.
    For now I am going to run the patched kernel even if I don't
    understand precisely why
    they prevent the box from hanging on boot when the Comtrol card is present.

      Last update: 2019-04-23 22:19    [W:3.479 / U:0.008 seconds]