SubjectRe: [RFC 00/10] perf: Add cputime events/metrics
Date
On Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:10:18 AM CEST Andi Kleen wrote:
> > I had some issues with IDLE counter being miscounted due to stopping
> > of the idle tick. I tried to solve it in this patch (it's part of the
> >
> > patchset):
> > perf/cputime: Don't stop idle tick if there's live cputime event
> >
> > but I'm pretty sure it's wrong and there's better solution.
>
> At least on intel we already have hardware counters for different idle
> states. You just would need to add them and convert to the same
> unit.
>
> But of course it's still useful when this is not available.
>
> > My current plan is now to read those counters in perf top/record/report
> > to show (at least) the idle percentage for the current profile.
>
> It's useful. Thanks for working on it. I was thinking about doing
> something similar for some time.

Hey Jiri,

what happened to this patch series? I also believe it's super useful, even
when it's not yet perfect.

Thanks

--
Milian Wolff | milian.wolff@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (Deutschland) GmbH, a KDAB Group company

  Last update: 2018-09-26 16:45    [W:0.213 / U:0.236 seconds]