SubjectRe: [BUG] Serial/dma stall/failure after "dmaengine: fsl-edma: extract common fsl-edma code (no changes in behavior intended)"
On 6 July 2018 at 08:05, Vinod <vkoul@kernel.org> wrote:
> On 05-07-18, 18:23, Angelo Dureghello wrote:
>> Hi Stafan,
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 05:55:31PM +0200, Stefan Agner wrote:
>> > Hi Vinod, Hi Angelo,

>> > I did not found the issue quickly. But I must say that I gave up pretty
>> > quickly. There are too many changes in a single patch which makes it
>> > hard to figure out what could be wrong. I'd rather prefer if we could
>> > drop that patch again and go through another review phase.
>> >
>> > Angelo, as far as I can see the patch has not been sent to LKML or the
>> > ARM mailing list. Especially since you do not have such a device it
>> > would have been nice to also send it to the ARM mailing list...
>> >
>> > Can you resend your last revision with CC to me/ARM mailing list?
>> >

>> Thanks for looking into it.
>>
>> I have spent a lot of time on this patch and really would have
>> dma for Coldfire available. So, have ordered a Colibri / v50 board.
>>
>> Should receive it in few days and should be able to debug this issue,
>> but as said, i will be off for some weeks so looks like it is probably
>> better to revert the patch.
>>
>> My initial submit was a separate driver, to avoid such issues where
>> i cannot test, but it resulted in too much duplicated code.
>>
>> Sure, i can send the full patch to you/arm with all the fixes included
>> until now.
>
> Okay dropped now from -next. I still keeping topic/fsl around and
> collect other fixes for you guys to check.
>
> One way would be to split to common patch into multiple patch and check
> regression. That should help quickly identify the issue.

Even with show -C20% -M20% I gave up when trying to spot possible
differences in the commit. I understand that logically it is one
change and it makes sense... but it touches, moves and adds too much
making review extremely difficult. I think the splitting into smaller
chunks would be beneficial anyway.

Today's next boots fine.

Best regards,
Krzysztof

  Last update: 2018-07-06 08:17    [W:0.058 / U:1.344 seconds]