SubjectRe: [v3] Coccinelle: suggest replacing strncpy+truncation by strscpy
> I didn't move all virtuals in a single line because none of the other
> kernel patch do it,

It can be occasionally useful to preserve another bit of coding tradition.
I dared to propose the reconsideration of such an implementation detail.

> and still do not see any advantage of moving the string to not use a variable
> so kept that as well.

I am curious if other software developers (besides me) would like to achieve
more source code reduction according to the principle “Don't repeat yourself”.

> This should hopefully be the last version :)

* Do any related development concerns need further safety checks for this
evolving source code transformation pattern?

* Julia Lawall has presented additional development ideas today.
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/alpine.DEB.2.20.1807200759230.2349@hadrien/
https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/7/20/71

Regards,
Markus

  Last update: 2018-07-20 11:41    [W:0.125 / U:21.604 seconds]