SubjectRe: cpu_no_speculation omissions?
On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 09:20:58PM +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jul 2018, Alan Cox wrote:

> > > IIRC, Alan Cox was compiling a list on what is affected vs. not. He
> > > would know way better than I.
> >
> > The pre Silvermont atom cores are in order. When I did the original
> > list I didn't bother with all the 32bit cores as we didn't have any
> > 32bit mitigations then.
>
> At least we should give the users that warm and fuzzy feeling that they are
> not affected.

It's not just fuzzies -- my box was actually affected by slowdown for
mitigation without adding "nopti" to boot command line, which is
rather unfortunate when you're running a severely-slower box already
for the sake of not being affected by these vulnerabilities.

Since Dave asked, mine is a Centerton as I originally mentioned, Atom
S1260, which seems to be the fastest in-order Intel chip with boards
still commercially available. I'm not sure if there are other
omissions that are actually interesting. I have several other Atoms
too, but I think all of those are covered by the existing table.

Rich

  Last update: 2018-07-16 21:55    [W:0.111 / U:0.092 seconds]