SubjectRe: Is this a kernel BUG? ///Re: [Question] Can we use SIGRTMIN when vdso disabled on X86?

> On Jun 6, 2018, at 7:05 PM, Leizhen (ThunderTown) <thunder.leizhen@huawei.com> wrote:
>

>> On 2018/6/7 1:01, Andy Lutomirski wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 2:18 AM Leizhen (ThunderTown)
>> <thunder.leizhen@huawei.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I found that glibc has already dealt with this case. So this issue must have been met before, should it be maintained by libc/user?
>>>
>>> if (GLRO(dl_sysinfo_dso) == NULL)
>>> {
>>> kact.sa_flags |= SA_RESTORER;
>>>
>>> kact.sa_restorer = ((act->sa_flags & SA_SIGINFO)
>>> ? &restore_rt : &restore);
>>> }

>> I can't tell from your email what you're testing, what behavior you
>> expect, and what you saw. A program that sets up a signal handler
>> without supplying a restorer will not work if the vDSO is off, and
>> this is by design.
> OK, so that the user should take care whether the vDSO is disabled by itself or not, and use different strategies to process it appropriately, like glibc.
>

>> (FWIW, there is a very longstanding libc bug that causes this case to
>> get severely screwed up if the user's SS is not the expected value,
>> and that bug was just fixed very recently. But I doubt this is what
>> you're seeing.)
>>
>> I suppose we could improve the kernel to at least push NULL instead of
>> some random address a bit above 0, but it'll still crash.
> Should we add a warning? Which may help the user to aware this error in time.

It’s entirely valid to have a non working restorer if you never plan to return from a signal handler. And anyone who writes their own libc should be able to figure this out on their own, I think.

>> .
>>

> --
> Thanks!
> BestRegards

  Last update: 2018-06-07 04:40    [W:0.123 / U:0.072 seconds]