SubjectRe: [RFC 1/2] rcu: Do prepare and cleanup idle depending on in_nmi()
On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 01:11:36 +0900
Byungchul Park <max.byungchul.park@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Byungchul, is there any reason to make this change other than preparation
> > for your second patch?
>
> Sorry again I didn't explain it fully in advance. The only reason is to
> prepare for the 2nd. It was harder to read the patch when I made them
> into one. But I can make them into one if you don't think so.

Please keep them as separate patches. It's fine to say in one patch
that it is needed for a following patch. Not exactly in those words
though.

Each patch should be a stand alone patch, such that a git blame comes
to it, we don't need to go searching further to see why a change was
made.

What a change log should say is something like.

"In order to do X, we need to do Y, because of Z" Where X is a
description of what is to come, Y is a description of what the current
commit is doing, and Z is the rational for that change.

Thanks,

-- Steve

  Last update: 2018-06-20 18:15    [W:0.315 / U:0.620 seconds]