SubjectRe: [RFC 00/11] select_idle_sibling rework
On Wed, 30 May, at 04:22:36PM, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is all still very preliminary and could all still go up in flames (it has
> only seen hackbench so far). This is mostly the same code I posted yesterday,
> but hopefully in a more readable form.
>
> This fixes the SIS_PROP as per the outline here:
>
> https://lkml.kernel.org/r/20180425153600.GA4043@hirez.programming.kicks-ass.net
>
> and Rohit's suggestion of folding the iteration loops.
>
> For testing I would suggest to ignore the last 3 patches, those are purely
> cleanups once the first lot is found to actually work as advertised.

This series looks pretty good from my testing. I see double-digit
improvements to hackbench results and only one case of a clear
regression (easily offset by all the wins).

Are you aware of any regressions for particular benchmarks I should
take a look at?

  Last update: 2018-06-20 00:07    [W:0.439 / U:0.036 seconds]