SubjectLinux 4.18-rc1
You may think it's still Saturday for me, and that  I should give you
one more day of merge window to send in some last-minute pull
requests, but I know better. I'm in Japan, and it's Sunday here. Plus
I hope to spend much of this Sunday on a boat (assuming the swells
allow it), so I'm closing the merge window early morning rather than
in the afternoon.

So here we are - no more merge window, so please don't even try to
send me updates any more. Just fixes, please.

This release looks fairly regular - both in size and in behavior. We
actually have managed to shrink things a bit more this release too, as
people have clearly gotten excited about the whole "let's remove old
unused code". It's not nearly as noticeable as it was for 4.17, but
rc1 has actually caused a bit of shrinkage:

12356 files changed, 505769 insertions(+), 612979 deletions(-)

where one component of that is the removal of Lustre.

The removal of Lustre may not be all that notable, because it does
look like a lot of the development has been happening out of tree,
which may be why it never really ended up working as well as people
hoped in the staging tree. Greg clearly got pretty frustrated about
it, so now it's gone.

But there's a few other drivers that are gone too, sometimes because
the hardware was never actually released to a wider public. You can go
see the details in the git history.

Anyway, the real work is obviously all the fixes and new features,
and there's a lot of that too. Much too much to have an exhaustive
shortlog, so as usual for my merge window close emails, what's
appended is just my "merge shortlog", mentioning the trees that I've
pulled, without any of the details from the individual commits. And as
always, the credited person on the list below is the maintainer I've
pulled from, which is not necessarily at all the same as the developer
that write the code.

We had 1500+ developers attributed as authors in this merge window,
and the below lists 91 maintainers, so just think about that for a
while.

Anyway, go out and test,

Linus

---

Al Viro (11):
dcache updates
rmdir update
procfs updates
misc vfs updates
dcache lookup cleanups
aio updates
proc_fill_cache regression fix
aio iopriority support
aio fixes
compat updates
AFS updates

Alex Williamson (1):
VFIO updates

Alexandre Belloni (1):
RTC updates

Andrew Morton (2):
updates
more updates

Arnd Bergmann (1):
inode timestamps conversion to timespec64

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz (1):
fbdev updates

Benson Leung (1):
chrome platform updates

Bjorn Andersson (3):
hwspinlock updates
remoteproc updates
rpmsg updates

Bjorn Helgaas (2):
PCI updates
more PCI updates

Bob Peterson (1):
gfs2 updates

Boris Brezillon (1):
MTD updates

Borislav Petkov (1):
EDAC updates

Bruce Fields (1):
nfsd updates

Catalin Marinas (1):
arm64 updates

Christoph Hellwig (1):
dma-mapping updates

Corey Minyard (1):
IPMI updates

Dan Williams (1):
libnvdimm updates

Darren Hart (1):
x86 platform driver updates

Darrick Wong (2):
xfs updates
more xfs updates

Dave Airlie (3):
drm updates
drm msm updates and misc fixes
amd drm fixes

David Miller (5):
networking updates
IDE updates
sparc updates
networking fixes
networking fixes

David Sterba (3):
affs fix
btrfs updates
btrfs fixes

David Teigland (1):
dlm updates

Dmitry Torokhov (1):
input updates

Eric Biederman (2):
userns updates
siginfo updates

Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
m68k updates

Greg KH (5):
USB and PHY updates
char/misc driver updates
driver core updates
tty/serial updates
staging/IIO updates

Greg Ungerer (1):
m68knommu updates

Guenter Roeck (1):
hwmon updates

Herbert Xu (1):
crypto updates

Ilya Dryomov (1):
ceph updates

Ingo Molnar (12):
RCU updates
EFI updates
locking updates
perf tooling fixes
perf updates
scheduler updates
x86 boot updates
x86 asm updates
x86 build updates
x86 cleanups
x86 debug updates
x86 dax updates

Jacek Anaszewski (1):
LED updates

Jaegeuk Kim (1):
f2fs updates

James Bottomley (2):
SCSI updates
SCSI fixes

James Hogan (1):
MIPS updates

James Morris (4):
security system updates
integrity updates
TPM updates
smack update

Jan Kara (2):
udf updates
fsnotify updates

Jason Gunthorpe (1):
rdma updates

Jassi Brar (1):
mailbox updates

Jeff Layton (1):
fasync fix

Jens Axboe (5):
block updates
block fixes
block fixes
block flush handling fix
block fixes

Jessica Yu (1):
module updates

Jiri Kosina (2):
livepatching fixlet
HID updates

Joerg Roedel (1):
IOMMU updates

John Johansen (1):
AppArmor updates

Jon Mason (1):
NTB updates

Jonathan Corbet (1):
documentation updates

Josh Poimboeuf (1):
faddr2line updates

Josh)
(1):
branch 'faddr2line' (patches

Juergen Gross (1):
xen updates

Kees Cook (3):
reed-salomon library updates
overflow updates
more overflow updates

Lee Jones (2):
MFD updates
backlight updates

Linus Walleij (2):
pin control updates
GPIO updates

Mark Brown (3):
spi updates
regmap updates
regulator updates

Martin Schwidefsky (1):
s390 updates

Masahiro Yamada (3):
Kbuild updates
Kconfig updates
more Kbuild updates

Mauro Carvalho Chehab (2):
media updates
documentation fixes

Michael Ellerman (1):
powerpc updates

Michael Tsirkin (1):
virtio updates

Michal Simek (1):
microblaze updates

Miguel Ojeda (1):
auxdisplay updates

Mike Marshall (1):
orangefs updates

Mike Snitzer (1):
device mapper updates

Miklos Szeredi (2):
fuse updates
overlayfs fixes

Olof Johansson (4):
ARM SoC platform updates
ARM SoC device tree updates
ARM SoC driver updates
ARM SoC late updates

Palmer Dabbelt (1):
RISC-V updates

Paolo Bonzini (2):
KVM updates
more kvm updates

Paul Moore (2):
SELinux updates
audit updates

Petr Mladek (1):
printk updates

Rafael Wysocki (5):
power management updates
ACPI updates
device properties framework update
more power management updates
additional ACPI updates

Richard Weinberger (2):
UBI and UBIFS updates
uml updates

Rob Herring (1):
DeviceTree updates

Russell King (1):
ARM updates

Sebastian Reichel (2):
HSI update
power supply and reset updates

Shaohua Li (1):
MD updates

Shuah Khan (2):
Kselftest update
more Kselftest updates

Stephen Boyd (1):
clk updates

Steve French (2):
cifs updates
cifs fixes

Steven Rostedt (1):
tracing updates

Takashi Iwai (2):
sound updates
sound fixes

Ted Ts'o (2):
ext4 updates
fscrypt updates

Tejun Heo (4):
libata fixes
libata updates
cgroup updates
workqueue updates

Thierry Reding (1):
pwm updates

Thomas Gleixner (12):
irq updates
x86 RAS updates
timers and timekeeping updates
time/Y2038 updates
x86 cache resource controller updates
x86 hyperv updates
core fixes
irq fixes
more perf tooling updates
x86 pti updates
x86 updates and fixes
restartable sequence support

Trond Myklebust (1):
NFS client updates

Ulf Hansson (1):
MMC updates

Vinod Koul (1):
dmaengine updates

Wim Van Sebroeck (1):
watchdog updates

Wolfram Sang (1):
i2c updates

Zhang Rui (2):
thermal updates
thermal SoC updates

  Last update: 2018-06-17 01:23    [W:0.045 / U:0.360 seconds]