SubjectRe: kernel panic: EXT4-fs (device loop0): panic forced after error

>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/syzkaller-bugs/4C4oiBX8vZ0/W6pi8NdbBgAJ
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/syzkaller-bugs/QBnHAQBy2pI/ccf-yL5bBgAJ
>>
>> These are different because there are kernel OOPS or warning messages.
>> This is neither a kernel OOPS or a WARN_ON or BUG_ON.
>>
>>> And extX filesystem is different from other filesystems that it invokes
>>> error action specified by errors= parameter rather than return an error to
>>> the caller.
>>
>> Syzkaller (or anyone else) can mount the file system with
>> errors=continue or errors=remount-ro if it wants to override the
>> requested behavior of the flag in the superblock which is manipulated
>> by tune2fs.
>

> Filed https://github.com/google/syzkaller/issues/599 to always pass
> errors=remount-ro when mounting ext4.

This was fixed in syzkaller. With this commit:
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/commit/deb0e69e1028ba3152631c3f1d2fac98c12e33a5
syzkaller should always pass errors=continue when mounting ext2/3/4.

#syz invalid

  Last update: 2018-06-12 16:01    [W:0.119 / U:0.192 seconds]