SubjectRE: [RFC net-next 4/5] net: phy: Add support for IEEE standard test modes
Date
Hi Florian,

> Well, the way the code is structure is that if you call that function
> with a test mode value that is not part of the standard set, it returns
> -EOPNOTSUPP, so if your particular PHY driver wants to "overlay"
> standard and non-standard modes, it can by using that hint.
>
> This should work even if we have more standard test modes in the future
> because the test modes are dynamically fetched by user-space using the
> ETH_GSTRINGS ioctl().
>
> Does that cover what you had in mind?
Basically, agree on your explanation.

My idea was making genphy_set_test() more expandable for other test modes
because it would be a good place to add more standard test modes later.

No problem to keep current codes.

Thanks.
Woojung

  Last update: 2018-05-07 02:02    [W:0.086 / U:0.312 seconds]