SubjectRe: [Ksummit-discuss] bug-introducing patches
On Fri, 2018-05-04 at 17:13 -0400, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> If it's not necessary, fine.  But we should still delete what is
> currently documented in stable_kernel_rules and was introduced in
> 8e9b9362266d, because it doesn't describe current practice.

It definitely doesn't seem to describe current practice. It looks like
it got applied because the commit description bears a somewhat strange
relation to the actual text that was added: The commit talks about the
original script that used to forward to stable (although it got me and
hpa confused) which seems to refer to a tiny deletion and the rest is
adding an Ingo one off proposal for dependencies.

For the record: Greg runs his own script now and I'm not involved.

Current process (at least from the SCSI centric view) is that if we
screw up and forward a commit with missing dependencies to stable via a
cc: tag, it won't apply and Greg tells us to fix it, which we do. That
seems to be an adequately functional process for the odd times we run
into this.

James

  Last update: 2018-05-04 23:38    [W:0.161 / U:0.396 seconds]