SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Kconfiglib menuconfig implementation
On 05/01/2018 02:07 PM, Ulf Magnusson wrote:
> On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 9:47 PM, Ulf Magnusson <ulfalizer@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Thanks for trying it out!
>>>
>>> You're probably running in the C locale, which implies an ASCII
>>> encoding. That has caused enough trouble that the Python devs decided
>>> to automatically convert it to UTF-8 in Python 3.7:
>>> https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0538/. LC_CTYPE=C.UTF-8 should fix
>>> it.
>>>
>>> It's a bit silly to have it crash for something like that though. I
>>> could force UTF-8 instead of respecting the locale (though it feels
>>> neater to respect settings), or tell Python to ignore decoding errors.
>>> Should probably do something at least...
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ulf
>>
>> Leaning towards just forcing UTF-8. It's what you want in 99% of
>> cases, and ignoring decoding errors would be unsafe for Unicode string
>> values.
>>
>> Could make the forcing optional, and default to on...
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ulf
>
> Went with a more general solution:
> https://github.com/ulfalizer/Kconfiglib/commit/da40c014398f329b324a2eb9de062344e773dc74
>
> You can now specify any encoding (or None, to use the encoding
> specified in the environment), with "utf-8" as the default. That
> default probably saves a bunch of pain in practice.

Hi,

(with new kconfiglib.py and menuconfig.py)

Thanks for the fixes.

If I use "LC_CTYPE=C.UTF-8" then I get the down arrows in the bottom colored
bar. Without that, I get an upside-down T (that is 193, 0xc1, line drawing
character in the IBM extended character set).

Hm. With LC_CTYPE=C.UTF-8, the upper colored bar prints up arrows.
Without that, it prints ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.
That's nice that it can do either.

Being a vim user, I do like the optional navigation keys.

--
~Randy

  Last update: 2018-05-03 22:28    [W:0.032 / U:0.088 seconds]