SubjectRe: doc: Italian translation
Date
On Monday, 28 May 2018 15:08:28 CEST Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> On Sun, 27 May 2018 16:55:55 +0200
>
> Federico Vaga <federico.vaga@vaga.pv.it> wrote:
> > here the doc-guide translated in Italian. This set of patches
> > includes some minor changes to the main one. The idea of this
> > first set of patches is also to adjust the structure and our
> > expectations.
>
> I've only done a quick scan so far. It looks reasonable, but I have
> a couple of requests:
>
> - Please include a proper changelog with each patch describing what
> the patch does and why. Otherwise I'll have to fill them in, and
> that makes me grumpy...:)

Ok

> - You might as well add a MAINTAINERS entry. The other
> translations don't have them, but they should.

Ok

> - For extra credit: it's time to move the translations out of the
> top-level index into an index.rst in the translations directory.
> Then the top-level file can have a single pointer to the
> translations.

I completely agree on this point. I can prepare a patch that does it.

> > We tried to translate everything in **Italian**; which means that
> > we avoided imported English words wherever there is the
> > possibility to use the Italian ones. Of course, this is not
> > always possible, or worst doing the translation make it less
> > clear, for example the word "file".
>
> "We"? Is there somebody else's work represented here too? If so,
> they should appear in the signoff chain (or as a Co-developed-by
> credit).

I did, in patch 3/5 and 4/5 there is Alessia as "signed-off" (in CC
here).

> > Another point. I noticed that the disclaimer for other
> > translations is in English, so I did the same. But actually
> > shouldn't be in Italian, since that page will be read by Italian
> > speakers?
>
> Perhaps, though part of the idea is to give the English speakers,
> too, some vague clue of what they're looking at.

Make sense. I will keep it like this then.

Thanks

--
Federico Vaga
http://www.federicovaga.it/

  Last update: 2018-05-28 15:22    [W:0.092 / U:0.352 seconds]